Friday, January 27, 2006

I am to a conclusion that vodka or alcohol and me do not get along very well. Today I was expriencing a slight hangover, and I went to NUS without attending the only lecture of the day. So I have to watch the web-cast.

Last night was my very good friend, Dolly's social night. She invited Nelson who was her date and me.. erm.. friends reunion. Three of us knew each other during JC days so it was more like a meet-up session in SAFTI. We also get to know a very nice and down-to-earth buddy of hers, Hui shan.

It was quite an un-interesting affair. Simply eat, drink and be merry. Maybe a few games but either we cant be bothered or doesnt involved us. First, was the scavanger hunt which none of us paid slight attention to. Second, was Beer-drinking competition which girls were naturally out. Third, was couple-eat-sweet-and-lips-supposed-to-touch- competition which non-couples were automatically disqualified. Last, was mixed alcohol drinking competition which needed much urging and encouragement from the emcee before anyone relunctantly participated. Thats all.

A very gentleman Nelson fetched a glass of orange juice for me and in order to make sure it is alcohol-free, he tasted it before getting me one. Surprise, surprise, the orange juice was contaminted. I did not blame him. My reasoning is that he had already downed 3 mugs of beer so he couldnt tasted out the vodka. Well, I felt a bit tipsy after half a glass and my face flushed. My mind is still clear. Most importantly, I reached home safetly.

Dolly and I parted with a tighter- than- bear hug.

She will be on board ship next wednesday and I shall see her a few months later. Haiz...

Before I forget, I must also thank the date of her buddy. She drove us, Nelson and me, out of SAFTI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home