Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Chinese New Year has always been my favourite occasion. It is the only period, i think, that worth those traffic jams. Jam from singapore to door-step of grandma's malaysian house.

Besides visiting relatives and collecting ang baos, eating new-year food and drinking all sort of drinks (except alcoholic ones), we watched an acrobat-wushu performance by a He Nan Acrobat-wushu group. Packed with strength, agility and grace, they put a thumb-up show. It was simply AwEsoME!!! Their bodies can twist everywhere oh my goodnes... more flexible than a snake!! And they seem to be feather-weight. 11 people on a bicycle! 7 or 8 people cliching on the rider, the one who was cycling. I am inspired to be an acrobat. However, I am too old for all these. I will break all my bones and joints!!

Actually, this was the second time I dreamed to be an acrobat. The first time was 4 yrs ago when I went to Beijing and watched an acrobat performance. . haha.. A dream that was never realised. I think my parents will faint at the instant they knew of this dream.

The family has growned bigger. Bigger in size and numbers. More marragies, more babies and more ang baos! Singles like me benefit =) I saw an increase in the number.. hehe... they are in ringgit though.

For several cny, the newspaper column has been mentioning about the group who travel to oversea to escape from the usual cny-qn: do you have a gf/bf? when are you getting married? when you are getting pregnant? when are you having a child? The group is large, as the papers said, to become an issue. I however, was only convinced by the severity when I saw countless singapore-registered cars with only a driver or a couple lining up on the road! Initially, I couldn comprehend the reason for the escape. I mean... there is nothing to be embarrass about. But, now my thinking is changed.

This cny my relatives keep asking if I have a bf. For some unkown reason ( I am not embarrass about it or am I?), I had to boister my courage to utter the answer. Worse, " I have no time" is categorized as an excuse and maybe an unacceptable reason . An acceptable explaination would prove to be challenging task. I have this frightening feeling that I going throught that "phase".. hiaz..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey nice blog! keep blogging, blogder! :)

12:59 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home