Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Fireworks and thoughts

Before the school term officially starts, I managed to catch the firework display at Marina Bay last saturday.
It is amazing, awesome and beautiful. In short, I am spell-bounded. It made all the running, perspiring and squeezing worthwhile.
At a glance, I noticed most people were video-ing the display via their digital camera or cell phones. Not that I oppose their actions, but what is the point? I believed the brain (and the heart) can capture more than the devices. I had an urge to ask them for their rationales but my sanity stopped me. So I came up with the following imagined conversation:
"Why do you record this display"
"So that my friends and relatives can see.. and as a rememberance"
"Then why arent your friends and relatives with you?"
"They busy and dislike the squeezing"
"Do you think they will enjoy as much as you did?"
"I think so..."
"In years to come, will you still remember the display?"
"Of course not duhz. Thats why I recorded it"
"Which will you remember more vividly, without the devices, the display or the emotions that you are feeling now?"
"Emotions"

Though it is only a make up, but I believed this is how the majority will reply. Sharing the beautiful moments with your friends or relatives or family is wonderful, but have you ever wish that they would be doing or watching with you? Time is the best thing you can share with someone. The display might be forgotten but the feelings will be forever. Treasure the time you spend with them. I love fireworks, and usually watch with my friend(s). Reason: so that they can enjoy fireworks as much as I do. The burst of happiness in my heart every moment I saw a firework exploded in the sky is beyond description.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home