Wednesday, December 07, 2005

FINALLY, I am able to touch the keyboard and get connected of course. I was enjoying myself in a church camp from 4 dec to 7 dec although I am only allowed to stay over for one night. So I had to travel to and fro and after a day of energy- consuming activities, I simply collasped on my bed once I had reached home near midnight. so ya.. thats why...

The theme was "Walk with God"; it was about building a minimature tabernacle and the priestly garment according to the Bible (if you are interested, please refer to the web page provided at the end of this post). Basically, our group was split into three "departments" : the Tabernacle, the Sewing and the Garment. All of us was actively involved, helped out in as many ways as possible hence, we all "cross-deparment"! The guys could sew and stitch too!

We started off with a crash-course on sewing while lots of drilling, hammering, painting, sawing, screwing and spraying (of paint) going on. I think guys are instinctly able to do such things. Did I mention the amount of sewing we had to do? "Lots of sewing" was completely an under-statement. We had TONNES of sewing!!! The Sewing deparment took a day and involved an average of 7 people to complete the curtain. The Garment department wasnt any better off, we (I am in this group) took 3 days to finish up the priestly garment. I am proud to say that it was my first time I sew a clothes out of the "raw materials".

In fact, we had a lot of "firsts" in this camp. First time to use pins as substitutes for screws, first time to drill with a hand-drill, first time to sew ...and the list just goes on.

Although I like to stitch, but I am not going to touch the thread or the needle for at least a month.

I am really glad to be in this group where everyone put in their best. From the young to the elder ones, together we SEW!
These were the finished real-life garment for our "high priest" to wear! The white piece is an under-garment, the blue is the robe. On the right, are turban and lamp stand.


Below: These are items that decorated the edge of the blue robe; the ephod and breastpiece. The above right picture showed the coloured robe with bells attached to the white linen undergarment.


We also made a mini-priestly garment! Doesn the model look familiar??

On the left picture, the "high priest" was about to enter the tabernacle while he was beside the altar of burnt offering on the right picture.


Web page: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=2&chapter=28&version=31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home